Monday 12 April 2010

Reasearch on simular products




Elle magazine was created in France in the 1940’s, it had been originally owned by Lagardere Group of France and is still owned by this company till this day present. Hachette Filipacchi Media also publishes the magazine. Elle magazine also has articles on beauty, health and entertainment alongside all the fashion articles.
In this magazine issue the image is placed in the centre of the front cover, with a white background. This is different to what my front cover image is going to be like , as I want an urban style background . The model is wearing a black dress with a pink and white styling to it, this is a similar colour scheme in which i am wanting my models to wear during the photo shoot of my images. This colour scheme is also attractive towards the target teenage audience as the dress consists with brighter colours to go with the black.

The logo is in a black bold font stretched across the top of the page, and it is placed behind the models head. This is different to the logo I am looking to create as mine is going to be a boxed shape logo and i will place it on either the top left hand corner of the page or the top right hand corner of the page. My logo will also have brighter colours than ‘Elle’s’ logo because it is aimed at a younger audience.
The colour scheme of the text is red and black, which has similarities to my ideas for my magazine as I am looking at creating a matching colour scheme for my front cover. This also has a difference that the colour scheme of black and red is for a more mature target audience than teenagers. The text is laid out on the sides of the image, and i think this is effective towards the picture because it makes it stand out more. I want to place most of the writing at the sides of my own magazine but also have some scattered across the page as well.

Some of the font is made bolder than others. Headings are made bold on the page and some of the titles for information are made bolder than others. I want to also do this effect on my layout, to make the more important information stand out. It makes the magazine very stylish, again contributing towards the teenage audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment