Monday 12 April 2010

Outline of my idea

My Idea is to create a fashion inspired by music magazine. I want to aim my magazine at a mature teenage audience. For this I researched fashion magazines such as Elle and vogue to get a clear understanding of what type of images to use, font and colour scheme to use.

For my font, I want to have Lucida Handwriting font, Arial black font and Blackwell bold font. I am mostly going to use Arial black font and Blackwell bold font because it makes the text stand out. On my text i have decided on a colour scheme of pink and black and i have decided to do this because looking at similar products the brighter colours are used towards the target audience. I will also be using word art, using the same colour scheme but also adding purple and the same fonts. I will use word art mainly for the front cover as it has to be attractive and bold towards the reader, and i will also use it for titles on other pages.
For my images, I am going to create a look based on The Saturdays the girl band. I have researched a few images of the band and i realised that in most pictures the girls were wearing very bright clothing. Based on my images, I am going to make my models wear black dresses / t shirts with bright coloured tights basing it on The Saturdays look. I have also done research on background ideas, and I would like to have a more urban background to the pictures so I have decided to go for a location which i can show a graffiti based background in my images. This will be effective for my magazine because it will make the images unique to other fashion magazines, because my research showed that plain white backgrounds were used mostly for the images.

For the backgrounds on my contents page and double page spread, i am going to use purple and pink colours for my background and outline the pages with a black border. The reason why I chose to do this is because i want all the colours to match together to make the magazine look more eye grabbing.
For my front page logo, I am going to use a black filled square auto shape and place pink auto shape lines around it to make a border around the logo. For my writing on the logo I am going to use www.flamingtext.com and I will have the fonts called Tagstreme and Bungle City. I have decided to call the magazine ‘Music Fashionista’ as it is appealing to the teenage audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment